No matter how much energy and careful planning you put into your business, crises are unavoidable. Communications professionals are well aware of this fact and should therefore prepare accordingly. Despite this knowledge, a startling 95% of business leaders report that their crisis management capabilities need improvement.
Under these circumstances, having a clear strategy in situations of crisis is undeniably essential. Being confident in your and your team’s ability to manage unexpected situations will be a clear advantage in the long run.
With this in mind, it is extremely important that you start asking yourself questions about crisis communications before encountering one. How do you define a crisis? Who should you choose in your crisis team How do you write a crisis news release? And finally, how do you deal with the aftermath of the crisis? This course is here to help you formulate these answers.
What should I expect from this course?
By the end of this course, you will know:
- The definition of a crisis
- The role of crisis communications and how to build your key team
- How to communicate with stakeholders and the media
- How to write a crisis news release
- The steps that come in the aftermath of a crisis
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like crisis communications is the thing you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.