Ethics in Journalism
If you stumbled upon this course as a PR or communications professional, you might be wondering why ethics in journalism matter to you. Truthfully, having an understanding of these basic principles is much more important than you probably think. If you are taking this course as a journalist, you know that ethical journalistic behaviour is an expected norm in all quality media.
In our modern ultra-connected world, the term “journalist” has become quite ambivalent. On one hand, this is no longer a job for the elite. Anyone with a smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection can be a reporter. Even if you don’t consider yourself a journalist, chances are that you are putting content out into the world. For example, this could be in the form of tweets, blog posts or press releases.
That said, this oversaturation of the market means that you need skills to distinguish yourself from your competitors.
What should I expect from this course?
This course in Ethics in Journalism and Media will give you the necessary tools to set yourself apart from other content producers. You will:
- Learn about your role as a journalist
- Get to know resources to fact-check your content
- Become familiar with the NUJ’s code of conduct
- Find out the pros and cons of different types of media
- Learn how to respect copyright and your audience
- Complete quizzes and a final assignment created and reviewed by our expert team
Finally, having a perfect understanding of ethics in journalism will help you be ready for everything the world of PR might throw at you.
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like ethics in journalism is the thing you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.