Despite consistently relying on communication, few people truly understand what working in public relations actually consists of. PR is a complex field, encompassing digital and traditional media, news and stories, press releases and social media posts.
PR is an increasingly popular field and has changed tremendously over the course of this past century. The world is not the same as it was twenty years ago. Even if you used to be an expert, you may be taken aback by how much public relations has changed. Nowadays, most people get their news from social media rather than traditional newspapers. You need to follow journalists on Twitter, stay up to date on Instagram, and still master the art of communications in emails and press releases.
It’s a lot to take in at once – but we can help. Our course in understanding public relations will give you all the information you need to be comfortable in the new world of PR.
What should I expect from this course?
Above all, this course will lead you to understand public relations as it exists today. This means that both newcomers and seasoned professionals can benefit from this updated look at PR. Over the course of twelve short modules, you will learn:
- What public relations is and what it can do
- The evolution of PR throughout history
- How to research, plan and evaluate different common scenarios in PR
- The basic theories of communication and persuasion and how to apply them to your daily life
- How to deal with different types of media and audiences
- Crisis management and how to turn a negative opinion into a positive one
At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to complete a quiz to make sure that you have learned everything there is to know. On top of this, you will also have the option to send an assignment for review from our panel of industry experts.
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like understanding public relations is the thing that you need to learn right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses to find something that suits you more.