In today’s world, owning a business without a strong online presence is nearly impossible. Communications professionals must not only keep up with several social media platforms, but also please mysterious algorithms and rank well on search engines. You can have the best designed website on the Internet yet still struggle to get any visits from your target audience.
Although outsmarting the Internet might sound intimidating, there are simple actions you can take to make your website more popular. This is called SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. In a world where 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine, ranking well on Google, Bing or Yahoo may be the key to expanding your audience.
This beginner’s guide to SEO course will give you the tools to make your online content attractive to search engines.
What should I expect from this course?
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand what SEO is and the way search engines work
- Use several online tools and add-ons to help with SEO
- Select keywords that matter to their target audience and use them successfully
- Modify basic metadata to attract more bots to your website
- Re-evaluate your website’s accessibility and use analytics to determine your long-term SEO strategy
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like our beginner’s guide to SEO is the course for you? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.