If you are working in PR, media or communications, you are undoubtedly familiar with the world of advertising. You know how important promoting your business is for its financial success. However, you might be neglecting other forms of marketing that could be incredibly beneficial for your brand image.
Although the word has often been misused, sponsorships are still very relevant today. Some markets are investing huge budgets in events and generating increasing amount of incredibly high revenue. For instance, sports sponsorship generated 57 billion US dollars in 2020, and is expected to reach 89.6 billion by 2027. Sponsorships can equally appeal to smaller markets and help you reach a clearly defined target audience. For that reason, knowing how to seek a sponsorship is a great tool to have and add to your marketing plan.
Are you unsure of who your target audience should be? Do you need help assessing risk when selecting an event, team or individual to sponsor? How about managing your budget? If you want to know everything there is to know about seeking and negotiating sponsorship, this course is for you.
What should I expect from this course?
This course will guide you through the practical steps of a successful sponsorship. Over the course of thirteen short modules, you will learn:
- What sponsorship is and how it differs from traditional advertising and charity
- The key issues relating to brand awareness and positioning
- The consequences of budgetary considerations on a sponsorship and how to select an option that is appropriate for your brand
- The steps to strategic development of a plan
- How to evaluate the success of a sponsorship using key factors
At the end of the course, you will have the option to take a quiz specifically designed by our team of experts and send a final assignment that will be reviewed by PR professionals.
What is the PR Training Academy?
The PR Training Academy was created by Ellen Gunning, who has been working in the PR industry for over 25 years. With her experience and a team of industry experts, the Academy delivers tailored courses for professionals to stay on top of trends.
Our annual membership subscription gives you:
- Unlimited access to small courses that you can study from anywhere in your own time
- Interactive content that promotes smooth learning
- Access to all our courses with a membership
- A team of professionals to mentor you
- Certification upon course completion
Not feeling like seeking and negotiating sponsorship is the thing you need to specialise in right now? No problem. Check out our range of other courses, and pick something that suits you or your business more.